Friday, March 9, 2012

I may not do yoga, but I eat yoga soup.


This has been a busy week and I’m heading out of town tomorrow for the early part of next week. Although I bought ingredients for a tortilla soup that I love, I didn’t end up having time to make it. Rather than use a ‘bye’ week, I chose to make a standby quick fix: Yoga Soup from VegWeb. I swear there was a  month a few years ago when I had this for dinner every night. I vary the ingredients from time to time, but there is always the standard ginger, edamame, potstickers/dumplings (frozen—after all, this is a lazy soup…), spinach, drip of sesame oil, and Sirracha. This time I added rice noodles (only b/c I had about an ounce of them on hand from a recipe from Mike).

I love this soup. I love that the potstickers (I used Safeway brand veggie potstickers from the frozen case) break apart while they are boiling and add their flavor throughout. I love the ginger. And the edamame. Most of all, I love that this soup is easy, during a week that I’m incredibly thankful for something easy.

I encourage you to try to experiment with this soup if you enjoy Asian flavors and need an easy soup fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment