Monday, April 30, 2012

Best of Both Worlds: Barley & Split Peas

Barley? Check. Split peas? Check. I love both... and this soup combines the two. This is another from the Top Secret Recipe site (or is it Copy Cat recipes??). It has been a while since I snagged this recipe for split pea-barley soup. It is hearty and mild at the same time-- but definitely not bland.

Apparently the technical name is 'Dakota Smashed Pea & Barley Soup' and it espouses to be a take off of the one that CPK serves. I don't think that I've ever had the original, so I can't attest to its authenticity- but I can testify to the deliciousness of the take-off version! Enjoy this recipe!

ps- still needing to play catch up a bit.. this soup was from last week. It is Tuesday and I need to select a soup for this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment