Friday, February 4, 2022

Brothy Thai Curry

Another NYT recipe here- and this one also deviates from my norm, and it was a good- though not great- soup. Brothy Thai Curry With Silken Tofu and Herbs combined many of the flavors that I love (coconut, ginger, cilantro, lime, tomato). It called for 3 Tablespoons of curry paste (!) so I was worried it would be too spicy but it was actually fairly mild. I loved the inclusion of silken tofu to bulk it up and also added quartered mushrooms and broccoli florets (not called for in the recipe) to add yet more bulk. I used a pint of regular (fresh) cherry tomatoes vs. a canned variety. I smooshed the tomatoes in the pot a bit to bring about more flavor as they cooked, but I do wonder if this is one of those unique situations in which canned may have actually been more flavorful?  

For lunches at work, I packed up tupperwares of the soup with side dishes of a lime wedge, chopped cilantro and scallion so I could heat up the soup without making my herbs soggy. This was a vibrant and different choice for me and while I didn't love it, I did indeed *like* it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment