Thursday, February 3, 2022

Rosemary + Cauliflower Win

This recipe is one of several you should see forthcoming from the NYT recipe pages. Last winter break I paid for a subscription on a whim when I was desperate for the No-Knead Bread recipe. Sure enough, I forgot to cancel and so my annual subscription hit my credit card a year later. I'm committed to getting some real value of this subscription, so expect to see more from the NYT recipe site between now and next December 14! 

I have made many cauliflower soup recipes in my day and this one was true to its name- it is super creamy- likely the richest and creamiest I've made! I'm unsure if I can attribute that to the significant olive oil in the recipe or my beloved Vitamix (that I didn't own when I started this blog... soup-life changing though) but either way, it is good- very good! The rosemary infused olive oil is interesting (and I have leftover for dipping purposes with good bread- yuuuummmmm....) and adds a depth and special element to an otherwise pretty basic soup. 

That said, note to self: Tone down the bullion when you make this one again in the future. It was simply too salty. I may have gone too heavy when I was stirring in the Better than Bullion and/or otherwise when it called for added salt. I'll check that next time, and there *will* be a next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment