Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Beet, Barley, and Black Soybean Soup with Pumpernickel Croutons

If you like beets and are looking for a change from basic veggie soups, this one is definitely worth making! Another win from my favorite cookbook, Vegan with a Vengeance, this combines beets, barley, soybeans, pumpernickel, dill (and I often add a dollop of sour cream- or could do vegan sour cream if you want vegan). It is not a borscht but just as beautiful! This one isn't posted on the Post Punk Kitchen (excellent repository for other veg. recipes though), but this site has it down. 

This is definitely a winter/cozy up/eat-hearty soup for cold days! 

Note: Black soybeans can be difficult to find but I've been able to purchase them at our larger Whole Foods (and stock up- they come canned). I imagine you could also purchase online or possibly other more natural grocery stores (though the Natural Grocers near me has not carried them). 

No comments:

Post a Comment