Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Creamy-Tomato Balsamic Soup

Of all the homemade tomato soups I've made over the years, this may be my very favorite. It is another one from Cooking Light (RIP), but I found it on another fan of the magazine's blog (thank you, Plain Janes). This uses canned (!!!) whole tomatoes, but roasting them in a balsamic concoction first really works to bring about a rich tomato taste. Then, blending with a bit of half-and-half is what brings it over the top- YUM! Note that I've made this with a veg. broth (subbed for the beef) with no issue. A faux beef broth might be even tastier, but regular ol' Better than Bullion veg. does the trick too. 

Note: Given that this is a blended soup, I'll take a moment to give a PSA about my Vitamix. I bought myself a Vitamix at Costco right around the time my 2nd daughter was born (I've never been into the 'push present' concept, but if that worked to support me spending $300 on a blender as a push present for myself I'll go with that...). It is seriously life-changing. My favorite kitchen appliance by a landslide and still going very strong 6+ years later. I often use my Braun brand immersion blender for blended soups too, but when you need something REALLY creamy, there's no comparison to the Vitamix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment